David regularly advises and acts for international clients in commercial and business disputes and in matters relating to real estate, insolvency and restructuring, and trusts. He is recommended as a leading junior in property litigation, described as “unflappable”, “solid and reliable” and “a safe pair of hands”.
Recent international work includes:
- Advising in relation to a potential claim for fraud in Dubai
- Acting and advising in relation to a venture capital investment in an Italian business
- Advising a company director on English insolvency law for use in German proceedings
- Advising an Italian company in relation to a contractual dispute.
David has recently been appointed as an Expert in an Expert Determination and he has acted for parties in commercial and property-related arbitrations. His recent experience working in-house with HSBC has given him a depth of understanding of the needs and pressures experienced by large scale commercial clients that is rare at the Bar.
David’s commitment to international work is demonstrated by the fact that he was elected as the President of the European Young Bar Association for 2013-14. As a result, he has an extensive network of contacts across Europe and beyond. He is a member and director of the American Counsel Association, a US network of lawyers.
He is regularly invited to attend and speak at international conferences, and in recent years has spoken at conferences in Rome, Barcelona, and San Francisco.
For several years, he was a member of the Bar Council’s International Committee and he presently serves on the International Committee of the Advocacy Training Council.
David’s professional qualifications and appointments include:
- MA (Oxon), Keble College, Oxford University
- Diploma in Law, City University
- Called to the Bar (Lincoln’s Inn) 2002
- Member of the Chancery Bar Association
- Member and Director of the American Counsel Association
- Member of the Bar Council’s Finance Committee