Energy / Natural Resources
Drawing on our commercial and infrastructure expertise, a substantial amount of Landmark’s work relates to energy and natural resources. A number of our members are recommended in the Energy category in the Legal 500. Our expertise covers planning, environmental and regulatory matters as well as contractual and other commercial disputes relating to energy infrastructure and resources.
Examples of our international work in this sector include:
- High value litigation in the Cayman Islands relating to breaches of warranty and misrepresentation arising out of cooperation agreements entered into with China National Petroleum Company for the exploitation of mineral resources in China.
- Proceedings in the Hong Kong Court of Appeal relating to a dispute about a large asphalt plant.
- Acting for China Light and Power in a long-running dispute with the Hong Kong Government over the rateable value of machinery forming part of CLP’s power station infrastructure.
- A public inquiry into the proposed North-South Interconnector, a 400kV electricity line connecting the electricity grids of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
- Proceedings before the UNECE Aarhus Convention Compliance Committee relating to allegations of non-compliance with the Convention relation to the construction and operation of Europe’s largest opencast coal mine.