Director, International Dispute Resolution Academy (IDRA)
Arbitrator (FCIArb, HKIAC and KLRCA)
Mediator (CEDR, HKMAAL and KLRCA)
Barrister (England & Wales, Non-practising)
- International commercial and investment arbitration
- Cross-border mediation and dispute resolution
- Complex commercial contracts, including sale of goods, letter of credits and carriage of goods by sea
- International comparative commercial law, arbitration and dispute resolution (English law, Hong Kong law and Mainland Chinese law)
- Experience in arbitration and mediation in English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese) languages
- Member of the ICC-HK Arbitration and ADR Nomination Committee
- Member of the Task Force on Emergency Arbitrator Proceedings of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR
- Reporter of the Arbitration Guidelines and Rules Subcommittee of the Arbitration Committee of the International Bar Association for China (including Hong Kong)
- Member of the Examining Panel pursuant to the Higher Rights of Audience Rules under the Hong Kong Legal Practitioners Ordinance (Cap 159)
- Arbitrator, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- Arbitrator and Mediator, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Accredited Mediator, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR)
- Accredited Mediator, Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited (HKMAAL)
- Committee Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators East Asia Branch (CIArb EAB)
- Vice Chairperson, China Sub-committee, CIArb EAB
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow of the International Academy of Belt and Road
- Member of the International Chamber of Commerce – Hong Kong (ICC-HK)
- Member of the International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
- Member of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn (Called in 2005)
- PhD in Law (Queen Mary University of London)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (with Distinction) (Queen Mary University of London)
- LL.M. (with Merit)(University of Birmingham)
- Bar Vocational Course (with Merit) (The University of Law)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (with Commendation) (The University of Law)
- Certificate in International and Comparative Law (Cornell Law School and Universitė Paris I Panthėon- Sorbonne)
- LL.B. (Shanghai International Studies University, China)
- Co-Arbitrator in an ICC arbitration concerning a Marine Works Contract
- Sole Arbitrator in an HKIAC administered arbitration concerning a Sale of Iron Ore contract
- Arbitrator in two ad hoc arbitration seated in London
- Arbitrator in an ad hoc arbitration seated in Hong Kong
- Arb/Mad in one commercial contract dispute in Hong Kong
- Mediator in four mediation in Hong Kong
- Mediator in two mediation in Shenzhen
- Represented a major Philippine energy company in relation to a USD9.4 million force majeure claim arising out of a long-term Gas Sale and Purchase Agreement.
- Advised in the indemnity proceedings in relation to a Shareholders Agreement dispute with parallel US and Dutch litigations.
- Represented a major Egyptian telecommunication company’s claim against a major French telecommunication company in connection with their Shareholders Agreements.
- Represented a French purchaser against a German reinsurance company, in connection with a Share Sale Agreement.
- Represented buyers in a dispute concerning a Sale and Purchase Agreement for majority shares of a major Ukrainian bank.
- Advised in an insurance and reinsurance dispute.
PCA (Permanent Court of Arbitration), The Hague, BIT arbitration
- Provided legal research and drafting support and sat in with the Tribunal in a Bilateral Investment Treaty dispute.
UNCITRAL rules, Stockholm
- Advised on several CISG related issues in an international commercial contract dispute.
Ad hoc, London
- Provided legal research and drafting support and sat in with the tribunal in a commercial contract dispute.
- Advised a Chinese entity on the governing law and validity of an arbitration agreement.
- Advised a Chinese entity in a maritime arbitration seated in London.
- Advised a Swiss Reinsurance company on Indian arbitration law and dispute resolution clause.
- Advised a Chinese entity in a GAFTA arbitration.