Hafsah Masood was called to the Bar in 2006. She has a broad public and civil law practice covering commercial disputes, professional negligence, employment and human rights.
Her practice has a strong international element. She is regularly instructed in appeals in the Privy Council from various Commonwealth jurisdictions, including Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica and Mauritius, and undertakes work in Gibraltar and the Caribbean. She has expertise in conflict of laws and jurisdiction issues arising in commercial and other types of dispute.
Recent international cases include:-
• Appeal from Mauritius arising from a large scale reduction of workforce by a state owned shipping company (Privy Council, Mauritius).
• Appeal arising from a judicial review challenge to the legality of the process for certain public sector appointments (Privy Council, Trinidad and Tobago)
• Advised on potential claims arising from the termination of seafarers’ employment agreements of crew members of at yacht involved in a fatal accident, raising difficult conflict of laws and jurisdiction issues (Gibraltar).
• Acting for a large gaming company in a harassment and bullying claim by a former employee (Gibraltar).
• Judicial review challenge to the legality of central government’s involvement in the procurement process for garbage collection services for municipalities (Trinidad and Tobago).
Hafsah is on the Attorney General’s B Panel of Junior Counsel.